View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
What exactly was she so distressed about?
Did she mention any particular reasons?

are you emaciated? bloated?
Is your color poor, oxygen levels poor?
are you in spasms and contorted?
sores? bruises?
extreme pain level?

Just trying to understand her reaction and comments.
Since my second LSB (which was done after I told the doc that I was having back/neck pain after the first) I have had my skin on my entire back and neck get super sensitive to the touch and puffy...which over the course of a few days spread to my shoulders, upper arms, sides, stomach, and thighs...got a serious headache, my spine is sore constantly in an achey sort of way, my vision is messed up sometimes (blurry and double vision), I am totally uncoordinated and can't tell where my feet are going so I need to use a walker, I'm having hallucinations, extreme dizziness, and more problems than I even got to mention plus the pain level is through the roof. All this...and I am 27 years old.

Apparently my condition just left her appalled. It's not like I didn't know it was serious, and I have been frustrated that I have had to wait weeks between appointments with different docs while I get worse and worse on an almost daily basis...but the other docs didn't seem as concerned about it like it needed IMMEDIATE attention. So I thought it was just normal frustration with "the system." But this pain doc thinks there is something wrong with my brain stem and that I need a full work up...NOW. Which makes sense because a lot of the things people have told me about which have these symptoms are things that, if caught early, can be cured...but if they're not caught early then they can have lasting effects. And...just for the record...I'd rather not see dogs that have been dead for years walking around my house for the rest of my life. I don't feel crazy...but a lot of these things ARE crazy. I look like a "drunkard" when I walk according to the pain doc...which btw is TERRIBLE for my RSD ankle.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-08-2011)