View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 12:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear WolfLarsen,
Hello. I am the "Queen of Dental Problems" for sure haha. I hardly ever had dental problems prior to rsd (full body 6 years now) but in the last year and a half have had 2 crowns (he wanted to do more but I can't afford it), and I gave up counting after 10+ fillings I had done. Oh, and I had my teeth cleaned two weeks ago and have to go back end of March for three small fillings to be done. I am at the dentist at times every other week or so. I have found because I have rsd full body and it is in my face, mouth/jaws, head, that the day of fillings I start a very low dose of penicillin for three days, and as soon as I get home I get a covered ice pack and just place it at different sites around my jaw for about an hour or so...off and on my face. I think the ice helps to prevent any more pain. It has helped me so much. Even with cleanings I have mouth pain for several days and for fillings where needles are involved I am in bad pain for about two weeks and can't use that part of my jaw. I have no dental ins so I still owe my dentist $2,200.00!!! Thankfully he takes payments so I will be paying it for years. I believe between the rsd and all the meds I have taken over the years that my teeth have begun to deteriorate before my eyes. I can go to bed with no cavities and wake up 6 hours later to find a cavitiy at the gumline. It is crazy.

I saw a report on tv a few months ago that in the U.S. there is too much fluoride (sp?) in the water yet my dentist says to use mouthwash before bed with fluoride in it to prevent tooth decay??? Go figure. I try gentle flossing (and have had teeth break off from that) but the pain afterwards is horrible but I try to do it as much as I can. I feel it is a never ending battle with teeth for me. Best of luck with your dentist. Take care, kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
WolfLarsen (03-08-2011)