View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This may sound stupid and I almost would not even respond, but I used to suffer from terrible leg cramps as well, and quite often. Someone, I know suggested regular yellow mustard, either down the throat or as a plast helps to relieve them, and for me at least it did the trick. Now I use mustard on many of the foods I eat just to keep them at bay, and have not had a single muscle cramps in at least a year. But that could maybe also be attributed to maybe primidone which I also started about 10 months ago. I hope things improve for you, as I know how painful they can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Jalee, I take 1mg a day for my RLS, but when we doubled it I got sick. Have lost about 25-30 pounds in 4-6 weeks.

I am so tired right now I have trouble putting coherent sentences together.

Due to Nocturnal leg cramps I don't get enough sleep. My software indicates I get less than 4 hours sleep a night at least 25% of the time. And not much more than four hours unless I use Lunesta or Rozerem (8mg). I don't like taking pills, God knows I have taken thousands and thousands over the last 8 years.

I am taking Carafate for my stomach problems, and it is working. It is usually prescribed for ulcers. My wife is a true gift from God, she patiently tries dish after dish trying to find something I can eat without getting sick later. She is an angel.

I am awkwardly trying to say one change in meds is effecting me in many ways. All bad. Adding insult to injury, I just had a lab test indicate my PSA is 56+, so they have me on Cipro for 30 days. In February, when I complete this regimen, I will have consumed right at 300,000mg of anti-biotics in 4 years. THAT can't be good for me, but with lung infections, etc. I guess they have no choice.

Apologies for rambling, thanks for taking the time to help....Dave
marthajoy7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote