Old 03-08-2011, 04:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Rosie,

That's great news, and
I can't take aspirin for more than a single dose at a time - even enteric; it aggravates IBS and I begin bleeding almost immediately.

I did start R-Lipoic Acid a few weeks ago (you didn't mention if it's part of your regimen) and have had similar results. Within 48 hrs the burning stopped completely, and hasn't returned yet. I understand my results are not typical; it can take up to a couple months for some folks, if it works at all. But it's another option to try.

Doc
Hi Doc,

I've decided to pass on the aspirin even though it really helped me. I read too many horror stories on how it destroys your stomach. I take alpha lipoic acid (ubiqutol) B12, Benfotiamine (B1), and now I sent for some P5P (B6) recommended by Mrs. D. I also use a topical cream (Topricin) that really helps with the pain for a while. I also take a multi vitamin, and krill oil, calcium, and vitamin D3. If I want relief from aspirin I'll take Alka Seltzer regular with aspirin, also recommended by Mrs. D. This site is wonderful, so many friendly and supportive people. Take care & be well....
Rosie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote