View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Smokey,

winter months have always been bad for my allergies, too. I agree with Annie, anything that helps reduce the load on your immune system will help with MG symptoms. I am finding wonderful results with avoiding things I am allergic to the most. My chronic sore throat, which I previously considered a nuisance is gone and my MG is much improved.

I've never had allergy shots, my doctor didn't think they would be helpful and I never questioned that decision. I did take Clariton for a long time, but don't need it anymore...seems that my lifestyle changes I've been making to live with MG continue to make my allergies less, which in turn helps the MG.

I surely don't understand doctors saying our symptoms are all in our heads...I know I get worse MG symptoms when I get stressed, but that doesn't mean it is all in my head.

I hope that you start seeing improvements now that you have a diagnosis and are working out a best Mestinon dose. I find it a great challenge to get the right dose of Mestinon

AnnieB, you are right about things being deceptive, because I have reduced my activities to the bare minimum, I don't even clean my house other than the bare minimum things...it is such a relief...I am not ready, nor will I probably ever be ready, to return to regular activities. It feels so good to be able to enjoy living for a little while...MG had made life so miserable...thank you for suggesting that book.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote