View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was dx'd in 2009 with gastroparesis. My neuro simply referred me to the gastro guy when I mentioned my sx to her. The gastro had no idea if it could be MS related or not, but he also told me he didn't have any pts with MS. The condition is apparently unusual in someone who doesn't have diabetes. He said as well that it is incurable.

When I was first dx'd I was skin and bones because of the gastroparesis. My biggest complaint had been nausea, and feeling full after only a few bites. I asked about it here; whether anyone thought this was MS related, and several chimed in on their own stomach ailments, but none with gastroparesis.

I had no flares at the end of 2009 or 2010, so I would say it was its own flare if that's what you want to call it. It was my only physical complaint that year.

I still have stomach issues (bouts of nausea, etc.), but not I don't believe it is complete stomach shutdown since in the year since my dx, my sx steadily improved, I've gained back all the weight (and then some -- LOL) and I am generally able to eat normally much of the time.

Has anyone actually gotten steroids for digestive problems related to MS?

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (03-09-2011)