View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Big mistake having surgery

I am going out of my mind! I was dx in Aug., of 2010 with rsd to my upper extreminty. I had an on the job injury in 2008 then had two surgerys. The first was in 2009 to shorten my ulnar bone in my forearm. The second was to fuse a bone in my thumb. Jumping ahead a bit, in Aug., I was dx with rsd by three doctors. I had three Stellate Ganglion Blocks done with the last one being in Dec.

WC had me to see a forth doc who said that I did not have rsd, but he also said that I wasn't at Maxium Improvement. The hardware I had failed and was very painful so I had surgery to have it removed last week.

After the block wore off the next day, I was ready to rip off my soft cast and chop my arm off the pain was so bad!!! I was taking Norco every two or three hours with very little relief.

Today I had my post-op appointment with my surgeon. The nurse couldn't get that crap off my arm fast enough!!! Tears were pouring down face, my fingers look like red sauages, my forearm was swollen and burning.

The surgeon wouldn't take out the stiches because of the swelling and pain.
Again he said that I have rsd. He put in a call to my pain doc and on the 17th I will have a brachical plexus block.

Has anyone has a brachical plexius block done? I so regret having this surgery!!!! But I had little to no choice. I hope now WC will realize that do have rsd!!!
lefty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote