View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

JoMar, I will def look into the possibility of seeing a DC here in the Tucson area- will have a lot of research to do, but it seems I have a lot of time on my hands lately (have had a persistant cold/cough for more than a week now.. delightful.)

Pix- I will ask to Dr tmrw if he can put in the auth for the ultrasounds/doppler that you've suggested. As far as EMG studies go, I am not surprised that many have a normal EMG. In fact, I have been DX'd with a 100% subluxed (dislocated) ulnar nerve in my left elbow along with snapping triceps syndrome.
If you look up the symtoms and definition- this DX describes most of my feelings associated with my hand. However, I say most, not all. It is completely clear to me that there is a vascular compression on the left side as well, not to mention the right side (with a 60% subluxed ulnar nerve as well.)
But I am in the hunt to find which one needs attention first. I'm leading towards the venous/arterial issue.
I have had xrays of the chest/c spine, ect. No cervical ribs or defects in other structures.

As far as vascular studies go- I haven't had anything done other than the doppler from 08 and the one that I will have completed tomorrow. I am anxious, though I don't know that I need to be, to ask the DR tomorrow for additional studies (like the ones you've suggested.) The Dr last week seemed to be incredibly sure of my symptoms, after a hands on exam and my history to say what was going on here, and no matter what- surgery will fix it!!

Does anyone have any information on how not to doubt a DRs findings but to have them order another test to make you (the patient) feel more comfortable that all the "T"s have been crossed??

Thanks in advance,
Jocelyn
josepentia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote