View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by untilthebell View Post
We are in Nevada. He didnt apply all that long ago, it was Oct 2010. And I do know that it usually takes 6-7 mnths to find out if one is denied or not, but when he recived the letter for a Mental exam ,I figured ok thats normal, but then ssa calls us and cancels his mental exam?

The case worker didnt give me a straight answer. She just said they are still working on his case. But when i called the ss 800# someone told me well his case is open but it looks as if he might be -Presumptive Disability. I asked what that is, he said, wait for now, his case is still open.

So basically im anxious and nervous! lol.

But if his case was on the way to SS for payment wouldnt our case worker have said so? Or wouldnt the SS 800 # know that?

Thanks to all, and I hope everyone is well.
Presumptive disability is a temporary approval that can be granted only in SSI claims since SSI recipients are, by definition, needy. It is a way of the DDS or the field office saying looks like you'll get an official approval so we'll go ahead and pay you now while waiting for a final decisions. It is good for six months. Presumptive decisions usually become favorable final decisions but occasionally, they turn into denials. A little awkward.

SSI only. No SSDI presumptive decisions.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote