View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspar View Post
I just received the hefty book. I am torn between starting this one or "The China Study" which a family member is insisting I read "immediately."
Hi Jaspar:

I just purchased the China Study from Ebay. I was so fascinated by what I read (in the description), that I just had to get it.

I grow my own sprouts and I've been eating healthy for 5 years. I do eat chicken and the occasional bison burger and recently began this once a week binge eating plan that revs up one's metabolism. But honestly, I don't like how my body feels the next day after eating more than usual. I am so not used to eating like this.

So I have about 20 or so more lbs to do and I'll just either walk more, or do whatever I have to do to lose the last 20 but I don't think I'll do the binge thing any more. There is scientific evidence to back up this binge eating once a week (I saw it on the Dr. Oz show), but for ME, I don't think I can do this any more. I just felt tired, lethargic and yucky the next day.

When you grow your own food, and eat a plant based diet, and on that one day (the binge day), you load up with stuff you don't normally eat, so your thyroid gets a boost, and your metabolism gets a boost, well it might work and be good for a 20 to 30 year old, but this 63 year old, well I don't like how I feel. I very much DO like how I feel when I eat a plant based diet. My tummy likes it to.

I lost a few pounds but honestly I really don't think I can do the binge diet any more. Too much food for a gal that's been eating SO sensibly for years.

I'll find another way to boost my metabolism, and if I don't, well I don't. I've lost over 100 lbs (took me a long long time), and hey, I look fine.

My doctor is also happy with my numbers.

The once a week pizza was very nice, very enjoyable, and the bacon eggs and cheese for breakfast was to die for, but my body didn't like the way it felt (even if it's only once a week).

I guess I'm too old to change.

My I really do like the stuff I've been putting into my body. My sprouts, my bok choi, my veggies, the chicken breast, the Gardein products (vegetarian products).

My body LIKES this. And my numbers are fine. Especially my morning fasting levels which are 75 to 104. So for me, well I can't wait to get the China Study.

Thanks so much for posting the info on The China Study. I had never heard of this book.

Should be fascinating.

Now if I can only get my husband to eat like I eat.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaspar (04-02-2011)