View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I don't do so much eating on treat day. I just allow myself that pizza. And maybe a couple of tablespoonfuls of ice cream or 2 pieces of chocolate. Hardly a binge in quantity, but a nice treat for a day.

My morning sugars have come down 30pts on the Glumetza. Only one a day so far 500mg at bedtime.

Saturday my son was here helping with our new TV installation.
I took him to lunch...at Baja Fresh...a very nice Mexican place.
I had a plain chicken garden burrito...not huge like Qdoba...but no carbs except the thin tortilla. He had 2 portions of chips, and a huge dinner bowl (shrimp, beef, rice and beans). When we got home he had candy for dessert and then I checked his sugars... 106. 2hrs after eating. Mine was 154! Mine does come down in the low 100's by the next meal, but not as fast as his did! I can't eat such large amounts of food anymore without feeling stuffed and ill either.

I was surprised that Baja Fresh had this nice Type II friendly choice on the menu! Mine had no rice, just a few beans, and lots of dark greens, some avocado, and grilled chicken. I suppose if I had it in a bowl, instead of the tortilla, my sugar would have been a bit lower.

Going to the doctor on the 16th, and expect a dose increase with the Glumetza, to 1000mg a day. No GI upsets so far with this new metformin.

I'm glad you are getting into you new slacks, Mel.

I find the protein breakfast and the cold pack treatments the most useful. The cold really accelerates my metabolism and I can feel that during the night. I am not so cold then or the rest of the day, and I've lost weight besides. The treat day has not resulted in any negative change for me that I can tell so far. But as I say, I don't eat that much, just differently.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote