View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MS friendly jobs-any advice or direction?

Hey everyone!
I am having problems at work.
When I was diagnosed I had to quit my job as a server, for many obvious reasons. I tried working 8 hours as a cashier after and found that 8 hour long shifts were too much because I was having pseudo-exacerbations everyday. Then after that I got an office job where I sat for 8 hours, that was okay at first, but two weeks into that job I started having vision problems and my fatigue was so bad that I would work til 5 come home and go straight to sleep until I had to wake up for the next day of work (along with many other problems). So I know that I cannot work 40 hour weeks, that I cannot stand for more than 4 hours, and I cannot be in heat.

I finally found a job, where my employer is very understanding and willing to work with what I can and cannot do. Bad thing is, it's at a tanning salon. The fall and winter seasons aren't very busy, so I didn't have to worry about it getting hot in there. But now the business is picking up and the salon is getting hot and there's alot of multi-tasking going on. I am finding that I lose my peripheral vision, my legs/feet are going numb and I just suffered a chest hug the other day that was so bad it literally dropped me to my knees.

I want to work, but I know that all these things that are happening to me while working are doing serious damage to my body. So I am thinking I am going to have to find a new job for the spring/summer season.

So I am asking for any ideas or advice on where I should work. My boyfriend thinks I should take these two seasons off because I have enough trouble with them while NOT working, but I have bills that must get paid.

Any advice/direction would be great and appreciated.

Thanks!
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-09-2011), dmplaura (03-12-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (03-13-2011), tkrik (03-09-2011)