View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nervous is normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
Keep us posted on your road to recovery. My Surgeon also indicated that my hospital stay would likely be 1 - 2 days. 3 month post op recovery period. He also indicated that I would be wearing a soft collar during this period. My surgery is scheduled in 9 days and I'm VERY nervous. I wish I had found this very informative sites months ago! This has been a 2 year journey
Hi there, it was a one year journey for me, so understand. Everything your surgeon said is true, I wear my collar all the time, I take it off for a few minutes in the shower when my husband rinses my hair for me, I still need help showering. One week later I am just starting to get a bit of strength, very little. It felt like I gothitby a truck the first few days. Get everything you need ready ahead of time, put in a little basket by your bed, lots of ice chips, lozenges, Popsicles, jello, soft foods. Keep up with your pain meds, don't wait until you hurt, take them on schedule or earlier.

I had great nurses, and loved my neurosurgeon, so that made me feel comfortable, and they gave me a sedative as soon as I got to the hospital and that also helped.

If you have any questions, just ask, I have to stop typing for a bit now, I get sore quickly.

Good luck, you will do fine, think POSITIVE it helps!!!
God bless
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote