View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 03:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Hello Cathie, Glad to hear that your surgery went well, and you have gotten relief from the pain! Dang hospital for releasing you early that's crap, must be normal procedure, oh you can manage the bathroom, now go home ugh! I hope you feel better everyday. I was really elevated in my bed Cathie, I took a large thick chaise lounge pad covered it with a sheet and put that up against my headboard and piled a lot of pillows behind and around me. The swallowing issue will get better everyday, oh yes ice chips and popsicles were great, get lots of rest it takes awhile to get the anesthesia(?)out of your system hence the tired feeling. Do you have the hard miami j collar(you will adjust after a week or so wearing it) on and did you get the extra set of pads, did your neuro say how long you have to wear it, usually at least 6-8 weeks. Did you use the donor bone Cathie? Sry too many ?'S I am happy that everything is going well for you. Take care and will talk soon, Bunz
I have an Aspen cervical collar, with an extra set of velcro pads to change after showering. I sleep the same way, my husband calls it a rocket ship, pillows lined up on an incline leaning against the headboard with more on either sides i don't fall over LOL... Then I sleep sitting up on an incline, just starting to get used to that. There are more pillows on our bed then there is bed. LOL. Looks ridiculous but it works, LOL

Yes, I used donor bone, and titanium cages with six screws. Have to wear the collar at least six weeks, but after xrays he will let me know if I need it to be longer, could be up to 3 months.

Swallowing is just starting to get better, lots of achiness in my shoulders still, but my hand, wrist and arm pain from the pinched nerves are GONE!!! No more hand pain! That in itself was worth it!

Write more later, getting tired again.
Take care!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote