View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 2nd visit new neuro

Well so far so good. Big big test this time to see what would happen once he read some of the records from the univeristy. Jen and I both know that look when they are really nolonger interested and how it sounds in the appointment.

Alot of was disucssed as he tends to have longer appointments. Things came up that sure wouldnt from the last neuro. When my myositis came up he said do you have it in your body. That led to if you do then you could have Polymyositis and that needs a biopsy. A HUGE piece was him going on to say that the biopsy could prove I have it but wont that I dont meaning if the biopsy is negative that could just be the wrong piece of muscle. Again this is sure something my old neuro would NEVER have said and would have taken any lack of results as more ammo to treat me, see me even less. My daughter asked her what she would do if it came back negative. She wouldnt answer but proceeded to say she wouldnt see me again until I had the biopsy.

Big thing number 2. He set the injection of mestinon for my eye surgery. My last neuro wouldnt do that. He even asked if I'd like to do it at home!!! I practically jumped out of my chair and yelped YES!! I said haveing lost so much this last year having a sense of control like that would be super! He said he preferred to have the hosp do it I said I understood as I was new to him but in the future this tell me he could give me injections to do at home for my breathing when he knows me better. How amazing!!

When he brought up that the neuros at the univeristy disagree about me having MG I said well my pulmo doesnt. I said as my breathing has always been worse they always get it best. I then handed him the Mayo Docs report about the paritial diaphragm paralysis that was very support when the neuro there wasnt. I didnt give him the other Mayo data.

Gotta go. Myositis headache worse from the going out. Oh one more thing. He does want me to go ahead with the biospy.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote