View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion after-effects HELP!!

Ok, so Saturday 3/5/11 I got a concussion. I play women's pro football and at practice (I was told) I went in for a tackle and I hit helmets with another player. My body then kind of collaped into hers, and my body rolled off hers and because I had no control over my body I fell backwards and bangged the back of my helmet on the feild. They say it hit so hard that it bounced. One of the coaches said I was out and not moving for about 7 seconds.

The part of the event that I just explained is only today somewhat coming back to me. Anyway, I was helped off the field. I had a hell of a headache and everything seemed foggy. I sat down for abot 5 min and decided to go back in. The coached looked at me and said if i was not ok don't play. So I say back down within less then 10 min I started to feel sick to my stomach and just out of it. I got in my car to drive home but ended up turnning around and having somebody come get me. After a few hour of rest or I drove about 25 min home.

By the time I got home I felt horrible. I ended up in the ER CT scan was normal and the dr. comfirmed what the trainer said I had a concussion. So now I am dealing with off and on headaches that last from any where to 5 min to hours, tiredness, sunlight hurts my eyes, and I feel like vomiting when riding in a car. MY memory is still jacked and I have trouble finding words sometimes and people say my though process is slowed down.

The ER dr said sit out 1 week, then I went to a follow up appointment and this dr gave me some type of test and said to sit out 2 weeks and see how I feel. I am guessing all the things I am dealing with are the norm. I am just so frusrated. Hell, it has taking me forever just to write this.

Does anybody have any advice for me. I am not feeling much better since Sat. at all and it is now Wed. I am 29 and very healthy. So, I am wondering if I will be good to go in two weeks. What can I do to speed this thing alone? Sorry so long. And I may be going out of town next week can I drink if I feel better? I don'y drink much but I will be with old college friends. And can I take sleeping pills? My sleep is really off.

I am feeling so bad that I have not left the house much and have not driven my car either.
Xoe22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote