Thread: Cream for PN
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Someone else here uses Zonalon with success. I can't recall who right now...you can search it. People taking AIDs drugs use Zonalon too for their foot PN.

I use Biofreeze when I have severe burning, which is not often anymore, but still appears now and then.

The other creams are used by many people with severe pain.
The RSD forum has members who have posted about compounded pain transdermal gels. The recipes vary from doctor to doctor, because certain doctors feel certain things are more useful, than others.

When I get burning, it is mostly on the tops of my feet, not the bottoms.

You will want to make sure you don't have athlete's foot fungus there on the bottoms. It can lie dormant in the skin and not cause lesions, but it can still cause burning. Aggressive use of Lamisil cream for 14 days, would be a good experiment to see if that is your culprit.
The burning I have is 'inside' the bottoms of the feet, not on the surface. Maybe burning isn't the best word. It stings with fire like it would if someone smacked hard the bottom of your bare feet with a plank...but stays constant.

It certainly can't hurt to try the lamisil. They don't itch at all, but if dormant, I guess it wouldn't.

This 'nerve' type pain is similar to the pain i get deep in the backs of my legs at times...radiating from the back through the butt and down the backs of my legs. The feet are just more constant and bothersome.

I have heard others mention biofreeze. I can't stand anything cold or that would cause a cold/chilled feeling. I must wear gloves just to get something out of the freezer because it burns/stings instantly.

I have also read some of your threads/posts about r-lipoic acid. I wonder if it might be worth a try also. What dosing should someone start with? Does it react with other meds?

Thanks so much for your input.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote