View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingles1987 View Post
Well, I wasn't necessarily thinking about just myself with the symptoms. I was thinking that if anyone has had success with treating a particular symptom they could list it some stuff that they have found helpful.

As for myself currently the worst symptom I've been having is the vertigo/dizziness. I just completely feel off-balance and to me it's the worst symptom because it makes everything else seem 100x worse. I've heard that meclizine has worked with people with vertigo/dizziness, but i tried that and there was no change. Both my neuro and my dr refuse to even consider valium even for a short period.
Medications and dizziness can be complicated. Some may even make things work rather than help.

PT and OT. That is where I would go. I have had amazing success with my occupational therapist, helping discover that a lot of my vertigo/dizziness was due to my vision issues. I now have exercises that help me a lot.

My Physical therapist does a lot of cranial work, mostly in attempts to figure out how to get rid of my headaches. But I have had terrible problems with falls and such and she uses a lot of pressure points to relief pressure on a specific cranial nerve that can affect balance and coordination.
oneid1hrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote