Thread: Denied
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry to hear your news oldhen.

I understand the financial difficulties of regular doctor appointments when money is tight. Having the right medical documentation is critical though in getting SSDI approval. It is a tough catch 22....he would have better medical care if had had SSDI money to pay and/or Medicare, but he can't get SSDI and MC if he doesn't have good medical documentation that shows why he cannot work.

Who is following him now for the clot issue and prescribing the Warfarin ? Is he just going to a clinic or is he seeing the same doctor each visit ?

You can see the difficulties that your husband has just in doing activities of daily living. You can see that he is unable to work. The medical documentation needs to paint a picture of that so SSA can 'see' his disability also. The dx of a clot isn't enough.....many people have had one, had the problem taken care of by blood thinners, and are able to work again without difficulty. Your husband's medical records need to show that he is different than those people. Something caused his clot.....I'm not a doctor and I haven't examined him, but I'm guessing from what else you have described in your first thread that he has PVD. That hasn't been mentioned though as a dx when you have discussed his case here. That's a big problem. Having a blood clot in his leg, whatever that ICD9 code is, isn't a free ride to SSDI approval. Issues that he has since the clot......that he has to keep his leg elevated frequently, it is prone to significant swelling, he can only stand or walk for a few minutes at a time, he can only sit for brief periods and then must lay down.....that is the kind of documentation that he needs.

If you can find a lawyer with experience in SSDI claims, he should be able to help review the medical documentation that your husband does have and tell you if it is lacking.

Best wishes going forward

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote