View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Our Stories & Introductions

Hello everyone, this is my first time to post on this forum. I am truly sorry we all have this disorder in common. I, like most of you, have been to many Drs
and misdiagnosis, missing the 6 month window of opportunity to have any procedures to stop the circle of pain from injured site to brain. My family live is Scottsdale, Az for 8 years. About two years prior to moving I had a botched left breast surgery and lymph glands under the arm They removed the benign tumors, but the following day complications reared up its ugly head. I had fluid removed from arm two or three times. My entire arm became frozed -useless, and painful to touch. I was told I had frozen shoulder and sent to a nice Rehab Dr. who said it was the worst frozen should she had ever seen. After 100 physical treatments and 100 massage treatments(which I paid for) I felt they would help the p.t. to get my arm back. Very Very painful I had refused surgery from the orothpedic surgeon the break my arm-still woud have had to have p.t. treatments. After moving to Scottsdale, our daughter 18 attented a college to be a court reporter. This was the closest to Oregon. There are only 5 with a BA in the country.
She has been in cases regarding RSD patients sueing Drs. for failing to inform patient of risk of getting RSD from the surgery. There are sooooooo many.
Anyway, after moving here the RSD moved to the right shoulder. Then, it moved to my left hand. After more than a year in left hand and hand completly frozen, then p.t. to get the fingers moving again partially- it's like a claw. This is when I decided to fly back to Oregon to a sports injury group. The hand Dr. came in the room and said in 30 seconds- I'm afraid to tell you RSD- hope it isn't. Tests at the hospital said RSD. not arthritis the Scottsdale Dr. said I had- Sometimes I wish I hadn't let the two year of opportunity to sue. (That's two years from learning of the disorder-not two years from the injury. Law in most states. Then the RSD moved to the right hand, both feet, neck- Dr. calls it full body. Also have Trigeminal Nerve Pain on the left side of face. I would like to talk to Denise G in Palm Springs. My e-mail is patch2 @ cox.net. I'm so sorry again aand would like to share a couple of things after 10 years of experience and learning. I don't mind using the forum too, if it can help others. I've learned to much on the forum. I just joined this forum a couple days ago. It was another forum I learned a lot, plus a support group in Phoenix. We had a wonderful conference at Barrows Neurological InstituteThere was also a national conference downtown Phoenix at the Hyatt to educate Drs. and nurses nationwide to look for signs. Probably half in the country have never even heard the words RSD. Thank you for your patience in allowing me to share my sorry. It's unbelieveable the helpful education we receive here. LOL loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote