View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Hi Bunz,

Have you seen all of the medical records ? Assuming your government looks for the same issues ours does, it's not just having documentation....it's having the RIGHT documentation.

My earlier neurologist notes summarized my situation with statements like "patient is totally disabled due to TOS, RSD, FM, and occipital neuralgia." That is insufficient. Some people with the same/similar conditions might still be able to work. WHY I can't work is what they want to hear....not a list of diagnoses, but details like.......

*needs to lay down frequently to utilize cervical traction unit
*able to stand/walk for up to 20 minutes at times, but must be able to sit or lay down on demand
*able to sit for up to one hour at a time in specific high backed chairs with arm support, but must be able to get in supine postion on demand
*requires frequent naps d/t poor nighttime sleeping
etc, etc
Good Morning finz, I have a copy of all my medical records, both my neuro and family dr diagnosis(without consulting each other)were "cervical spondylitic, C4-5 C5-6 osteophytes, bilateral cervical radiculopathy, chronic neck pain, occipital headaches, TOS and unsuccessful ACDF surgery, patient may never recover". Then there is the application section personal info, then a questionnaire section, like "explain any difficulties/functional limitations you have with the following, sitting/standing, walking, lifting/carrying, reaching/bending, personal needs, household chores, driving, sleeping, breathing, and more, and then the medical reports. I think I covered everything and tripled checked everything before I submmitted my claim. Everyone says be prepared to be denied on the frist try and you will have to appeal, from what I read on this board it seems to ring true, thank finz for your response and knowledge! Bunz
---------------------------------------------------

bunz50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote