View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
I have an Aspen cervical collar, with an extra set of velcro pads to change after showering. I sleep the same way, my husband calls it a rocket ship, pillows lined up on an incline leaning against the headboard with more on either sides i don't fall over LOL... Then I sleep sitting up on an incline, just starting to get used to that. There are more pillows on our bed then there is bed. LOL. Looks ridiculous but it works, LOL

Yes, I used donor bone, and titanium cages with six screws. Have to wear the collar at least six weeks, but after xrays he will let me know if I need it to be longer, could be up to 3 months.

Swallowing is just starting to get better, lots of achiness in my shoulders still, but my hand, wrist and arm pain from the pinched nerves are GONE!!! No more hand pain! That in itself was worth it!

Write more later, getting tired again.
Take care!
Cathie
Good Morning Cathie, I am glad you have found a way to be comfy in bed that is very important as you need lots of sleep and rest! No more pain is definately a positive sign that your surgery was successful, it sounds to me you are on your way to a remarkable recovery! The achiness you feel is from the anesthesic and surgical procedure, in a couple of weeks you won't even feel that Yahoo! continue to take it easy and get lots of rest. Give your hubby an extra hug for being a good man, I loved my honey for washing/rinsing/brushing my hair LOL!
Take care, Bunz
---------------------------------------------------

bunz50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote