View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is hard to believe that this could happen anywhere in the world!!

My mother called me about an hour ago wanting to know where we lived in Japan...like it was important...my son is now 36, so of what importance was her call to ask me such a question.

I think it was just that the magnitude of this historical event set off a panic in her and maybe she was remembering that period in time and her thinking went to that "what if" place. And I am sure it will do so, and probably has, for many of us, regardless of where we live.

I calmed my mother down...85 years old...and explained to her that we lived through earthquakes in both Turkey and Japan. Like CA it was just something you expected to happen on any normal day.

But today is beyond our imagination...and hard to comprehend.

Then suddenly I began to think of my "extended family" which includes friends who live in Hawaii or the west coast of CA. My nephew is engaged to a young woman whose family still lives in Hawaii...she was my first thought...they plan to marry there with her family around. Then came PWP friends...Carey from WA was one...AJ and Greg...the list goes on and on.

What I am seeing and hearing on CNN is beyond my worst nightmare. If we remember the earthquake several years ago in the middle east, or maybe it was a far east country, I don't remember the country. A movie was made about that tsunami. We all thought that was the worst about earthquakes and tsunami.

I can't even fathom what it will be like to be homeless. I see the crowds standing in the street and can only imagine the fear they have to endure.

I too pray for those in Japan who are suffering in so many ways today and for weeks and months to come.

I also pray that the nuclear power plant with the cooling system problems does not turn into yet another catastrophic event in Japan.
CarolynS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-17-2011)