View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Kim,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your ordeal. Sounds like you had a miserable time.

Thank you for your formatting of your post. The many paragraph breaks is very helpful for many of us to read.

I can't speak to the iicp nor the intense head aches you speak of. I have head aches often but no to a degree than disables me.

I agree that a neuro-psychological assessment would be a good idea. Read what Gordon Johnson Brain injury attorney says about them. Depending on the battery, they can be a great help or problematic. His web site is www.tbilaw.com

Some neuro-psychs have a bias against mTBI/concussion and try to point every symptom at depression and anxiety, etc.

vini may have some insights for you about iicp. Hope he has a chance to read this.

You said <My general impression is that many doctors are just befuddled by a head injury.> You are so right. Welcome to the club. When you find a doctor who understands, grab on and don't let go. They are priceless.

I wish I could help you more. Sounds like you have discovered a lot about helping yourself with work-arounds and accommodations. The signs of an intelligent mind.

The slowed processing will not prevent a full and functional life. I have processing speed in the bottom 10%. It just helps me be a bit less impulsive and more thoughtful. I have to 'stop' to think. It would be a better world if every one did.

My best to you as you endure your ordeal.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote