View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh Abby I'm so happy for you. Wish I had gotten the same results from my IVIG.
As for Imuran it has taken my appetite away and I'm losing about a pound a month. When I do feel a little like eating I use max calories such as cream instead of milk, butter instead of spread ect.
Hope it sticks with you.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
I'm just checking in, for the sake of sharing experiences. Last night I became fully convinced that the IVIG treatment really is helping me. I finished five days of infusions a week and a half ago, and I've been getting slowly but steadily stronger since then. Yesterday I went to Mass in the morning and my ASL class at night, and was able to walk normally afterwards. That's unheard of for me, after two exhausting activities in the same day. Usually, when class ends at 8:30 I need a lot of help getting to the car.

I am really, really relieved to see convincing improvement with IVIG, since I just started Imuran. It's more evidence that I actually do have an autoimmune disease (seronegative in three tests)! I am not noticing any side effects from the Imuran, by the way.

One more thing: I have woken up with a headache every day since starting IVIG two weeks ago. It's getting gradually better, and now it goes away after my morning coffee.

Abby
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote