View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was having a lot of trouble staying asleep and wanted to mention a few things that have helped me to sleep more and longer in the past few weeks in case they might also work for you.

My acupuncturist recommended a supplement called 5-HTP, the normal dose is 200mg a night to help with trouble sleeping, but people with head injuries are apparently more sensitive to drugs and supplements and I am normally taboot, so he recommended I start off taking 100mg a night.

He also recommended a cervical pillow and actually, that did help me a great deal! But I suffer with bulging disks from the severe whiplash from the accident that also gave me the head injury, but it might still be worth a shot. There are a lot of them out there, but the Tony Little jumbo (not traveler size) cervical pillow found on the HSN website is the one he recommended.

I see others have recommended more things that I would have too, such as walking during the day, meditation and a snack - I prefer a small cup of yogurt.

I also like to stretch during the day. Before the auto accident degraded my health I used to do yoga and I'm building that practice up slowly but surely when I'm able to, maybe you would like that too? It helps to relax and strengthen at the same time, so it's like killing two birds with one stone. I recommend Iyengar yoga over other kinds, some can be like aerobics and that's not relaxing IMO.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote