View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Hello Cathie, Please give yourself time to heal, it will not happen over night, you just had major neck surgery there has to be some pain associated with it. Your Dr just opened up the front of your neck and moved everything out of the way in order to fuse your C5/6 and C6/7 discs with donor bone, titanium plate and 6 screws. This is very tramatic to the body, this was MAJOR surgery and has a recovery period of at least 3 months hence the collar and trust me the collar is very important to wear at all times even in the shower, you do not want your neck moving yet. It will take at least a month for your body to start feeling better(surgery pain, and the anesthesia takes at least a month to get out of your system yes it can cause issues). Rest and do not worry about new pain, new symptoms or still taking pain pills use them to stay on top of the pain, I had to use liquid morphine for the first month. Sleep and rest is the best thing with the healing process, laying there worried about new issues and getting stressed out is not healthy. Take the time to heal with positive thoughts and enjoy your hubby assisting you, again you just had major surgery, give it time you will feel better soon.
Bunz
Thank you, I guess I'm just impatient thinking I should be stronger by now, I will take your advice and rest more and stress less. Nice to hear I'm not the only one.

Appreciate all the advice.
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-11-2011)