View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kim,

I was glad to read your post, you're almost the only other person I've heard of who has increased intracranial pressure that started after an mTBI.

Before the injury I didn't have any of these issues so I am convinced it is from the accident. I have many of the same symptoms you describe, except the "accent" and thankfully, my headaches aren't as severe as what you're describing. Bad enough though. I also hear pulsing in my ears, have stiffness in my spine and visual issues (blurring, uncomfortable to move my eyes around).

It's been over 18 months since my accident. I also had damage to my inner ear from the injury and when the surgeon was in there doing repairs he saw areas bulging and pulsing that should be stationary and flat, told me I have raised pressure in my skull and referred me to some other doctors who ordered some more tests. I'm waiting for appts now, the pace of it all is an exercise in patience to say the least!

Anyhow, once they relieved the pressure in your head via Lumbar Puncture, did they say if it should stay down or if it was likely to come back?

I've been nervous about the LP coming my way, but if it would help, maybe even make some of this stuff go away, well, that just puts me on cloud nine! I'm sorry you had complications after yours, but glad it helped some of your symptoms.

Without the surgeon seeing it with his own eyes, I don't know if anyone else would have figured it out, makes me wonder if others have this issue and no one ever checks...

Best wishes,

Becca
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (06-13-2011)