View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have limited my driving since Jan 2001. I only drive on my good days and not in heavy traffic. I do not do well in my wife's Yukon SUV. It has to many comforts and my brain forgets that I am driving. Been on too many sidewalks.

If I drive at night, I do much better. My brain can only see the objects in the head lights. During the day, my eyes are jumping all over the place.

I do not drive highways very often. When I do, I only go 45 mph. I cannot handle the road coming at me any faster. My comfortable speed is about 25 to 35, depending on the day.

aireyden, If you are going to drive your kids anywhere, you can make it a strict rule that they must be completely quiet. No second chances. Your distractability is what puts you at risk.

btw, I do OK with unfamiliar cars. I drive them quite often since I am repairing and selling cars to stay busy and make some money. I often drive the one I just finished fixing to road test it and to go get parts for the next one I am working on. By the time I am feeling too comfortable in the car, I know it is time to push harder to sell it.

Driving onto a sidewalk will wake you up to the risks in a hurry. Done it once and almost did it a few times. Good thing nobody walks any where any more.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote