View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Psch Eval Finished

I've had a back surgery that failed. That surgery was to fuse my lumbar, L2 - S1. I did not have that surgery until 5 yrs after my injury, my decision. After surgery, I had complications, massive blood clots throughout lower half of body. Almost died and in hospital & rehab for 30 days. I now have pain in my back, numbness & pain in left quad muscle, throbbing pain behind left knee area, and numbness plus pain in bottom of left foot. Some days are okay, some aren't. Pain mostly between 4 & 8. Use timed release morphine sulfate and oxycondone for breakthrough and 7.5mg Cumadin daily for the clots.

Just saw the psychologist this week. She okay'd me for the SCS implant. I'm on WC as well. My "psychiatrist" thinks I'm not. I want to dig this brace out of my back as it is now.

I'm scheduled to talk with the PM next month about SCS trial. Don't mind the trial so much, but I do not want more pain or another surgery or renewing the desire to physically remove the SCS.

I've adjusted to my pain and can function okay, but not work. My working days appear to be over. I have a cane I use to help with the bad leg and foot drop issue. I have requested a wheelchair, sport type, to move around shopping malls and outdoor events as I miss doing those.

From the overall responses I garner that most aren't having great success with their SCS units and that the risk of something occurring during the procedure is pretty high.

What is a person to do?
dlstanf2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote