Thread: scs pain
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Alan....

I am so SO sorry about what you've been dealing with!
And the foot thing!

How recently have you spoken with this Dr - (the one who wants to keep his slate 'clean')....... I sure hope he isn't of the impression that he's succeeded in 'sending you down the road'.......
If I were you.....I'd at least put in a call and say that you need ALL your medical records from this Dr......including all of his notes, especially regarding your procedure. This will let him know that you haven't been tossed to the side of the road and forgotten. Chances are they will say, 'Ok, but you have to pay such and such per page of notes....'
Even if you don't have an attorney hired yet/per se, I'd at least say something to the effect of 'my attorney will be getting in touch with you'......or SOMEthing to indicate that you are still HERE....and still needing medical attention. This might be a sobering thing for Doc to realize.

I didn't even have the more invasive approach (Laminectomy) of getting the SCS, and mine cost WELL over 100 THOUSAND dollars. Believe me, your doctor has filled his pockets.
Just get your medical records!

From what you are describing, it sounds like this guy is very arrogant and has no interest in the medical oath he has taken. He needs a wake up call.
My doctor also was pretty arrogant, until I had to get one of my leads removed because it had migrated. When he saw the xrays of my SCS (his 'masterpiece )....it humbled him a bit.

I hope you can get someone to advocate for you Alan.....please don't give up searching

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote