View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 10:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink Cath1

You are still very early in your recovery. I was in the hospital for 5 days, you were released after 1 if I remember correctly. Your body did not even have time to adjust to the surgery (anesthesia, change in position with the halo and angle of your shoulders). I was on significant pain meds and muscle relaxers for 2 weeks post surgery before trying to wean off. I still took them at night to make sure I slept which I did in a recliner for at least 6-8 weeks. Do not push yourself. As others have said you just had MAJOR surgery and your body will tell you what you can and can not do. Just listen to your body and your surgeon.Do not hesitate to call their office and ask them any questions you might have. I found keeping a journal of symptoms, what meds I took, how they helped and any questions that I thought of at any time. Do not rely on your memory, mine was gone. I brought my journal of questions, symptoms and anything else I wrote to each visit: 2 and 6 weeks. Now I go for my 3 month visit on Monday. I hope that they see some bone growth this time..
Good luck and take it easy. You only have one neck. Be kind to it.
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote