View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear of what you are going through. Did the doctor discuss doing any blocks? Or some Lidoderm patchs or a TENS unit? That may help to get the pain under control enough to feel a little more comfortable doing PT. I do completely understand "working through" the pain. It seems counter-intuitive to use a limb that hurts so bad, but if you don't the pain will probably never go away. You stand the best chance of recovery if you can mobilize the limb, but I think it needs to be in conjunction with some good pain management.

I was diagnosed with RSD in my foot 4 years ago following surgery. It was a severe case--I even had the bone wasting and transparent skin; my foot was purple, the pain spread up my leg. I couldn't move my foot barely at all; my ankle locked up. My limb was freezing and I couldn't stand the feeling of anything blowing on it. It took me a year and a half, but I am completely recovered. I have NO pain anymore. I threw EVERYTHING at it, including aggressive PT (with aggressive pain management). You CAN get better.
Millerprof is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (03-13-2011), cndangel (03-13-2011)