View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gluten

I had several antibody tests for Gluten, and these came back negative. I do not have any of the known symptoms of Gluten intolerance (I know there sometimes does not have to be). I tried going Gluten free for two months, and I actually felt worse (as I track my symptoms daily). I also tried avoiding milk, etc, as I had an Elisa test done. Felt worse when I went to soy.

My folks both have Osteo issues (dad especially). So there is a genetic component I cannot dismiss. That being said, I do not eat yogurt or cheese, so perhaps I am just not getting enough calcium. My D levels are ok, since I upped my D to 4000I IU per day. I am just not sure if taking the Opti-Cal is having negative effects on the way I feel. I must admit, that since this all started, my hands and feet have really not changed much (as far as symptoms) - in fact I think they feel better. It's the internal shakiness and instability in the legs that's kind of got me concerned. It seems to vary week to week. So what is it that I am taking or not taking to cause this?

I asked my neuro for serum tests on a few other vits/minerals which I will have done in a few weeks. I checked out the lab per the link that was sent to me, and we do not have such a lab near here. The best I can do for now is to get some information from the local labs through regular serum tests. I think that anything that shows abnormal is a good start over not having the tests done at all.
PNGUY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote