View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have the patches (hate them - they hurt going on and coming off. They also irritate just "being there"), Lidocane cream (this stuff is super cold and I have to be desperate for it because it hurts being put on) and I now have the compounded pain cream. The compounded pain cream hurts to be applied as well. I lay on the bed, face buried in a pillow and scream my own special language (trying to cut down on the cussing). It helps for a bit, but about an hour after applying, it burns something fierce. The doctors and pharmacy said that it's the lidocane in it, numbing my skin, etc. I don't get a rash from it, so I would assume they are correct. Again, it doesn't last long, but it will help me some especially if I am having a rough night and can't sleep. I also have a new patch - Clonidine. The first two days I had one on, fell off even with the "special cover". I put another one on a few days ago, and it hasn't fell off yet. I am watching the skin where the first one was at because it has raised little bumps and is a pinker color than the rest of my arm.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote