View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default forgetting doses

I have it down pat when it comes to bedtime meds. But I am struggling to remember to take mestinon 4 times a day with food. I had a most dramatic display of the importance of keeping my 30 mg doses on schedule today. Forgot to get the 2nd dose when I had lumch. Earlier I had walked the service dog fairly easily and was driving ok too. But when I tried to repeat those activities a while before supper, I had blurry vision and diplopia at near distances, plus I was getting wobbly knees also. Not until I reached for the supper dose did I see I had skipped the lunch dose. The last bout when all my mg symptoms got worse and I had extreme digestive problems has only been over a few days. I have been much better with vision and walking since I began to stick to the med schedule religiously. So I ordered a 'talking pill box with alarm'--a one-day, 4 dose type. I will transfer the day's pills every morning from the weekly pill keeper which I overlook so easily. Now, unless I have a death wish I don't know about, perhaps I can keep the meds on schedule. It is obviously extremely important for me.
Harriet
trumandem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (03-13-2011)