View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Karen,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You definitely have come to the right place.

Read through these threads and you will get a LOT of useful information that will help you.

This condition is so individual and unique, that you have to do a lot of research and experimenting in finding out what works for you.

I was diagnosed in 2008 with CRPS in my right foot following multiple surgeries. While I still have CRPS, I can honestly say that things are much better.

I have found the right combination of medications and with the help of a physical therapist, chiropractor and a pain management doctor, have developed a daily routine (I spend 3 hours a day currently) that helps me manage my CRPS and lead a relatively normal life.

This process is not a straight line for anyone. But many do get better. Work at it.

Most of us have problems sleeping. It is so very important for you to concentrate on improving your sleep patterns as lack of sleep = more perceived pain the next day. For me, it was some habit changes and an anti-depressant that helps with sleep (Trazadone) that allowed me to get more shut-eye.

And I would research the use of ice. It isn't recommended by many professionals as it can aggravate the condition. I craved ice packs when I first had this disorder, but didn't use it at the advice of people in the know. For me and at this point, warm water is the best hydro-therapy for me. I start every day with a 30 minute soak in a warm tub.

Good luck to you!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (03-13-2011), cndangel (03-13-2011)