View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 12:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Play on !! What are you thinking?

This is crazy. You should absolutely take Mark's advice and not put the rest of your life into danger just to try to play out the rest of the season, when you are thinking of retiring anyway.

There are people on this site (including me) who have had these symptoms for years and would do anything to get rid of them. You don't want to give up on recovery while there is a chance that you may escape and make a good recovery.

You should not play again until you are completely free of symptoms and have been free of them for some time. Doing anything else is sheer madness.

Also, you might want to consider that if you become permanently disabled by playing on, which is a possibility, you might be in a difficult position regarding insurance. I am assuming that as you are playing professionally, there must be some sort of insurance in place to cover those who become disabled through their injuries. If you play on when you know that you are injured and therefore at risk, will you invalidate the insurance? You may want to think about that.

Sorry to be harsh, but you need to think about the possible consequences before putting the rest of your life at risk.

But, it's your life.

Concussed Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoe22 View Post
I had no clue that the development of symptoms could come on after some time. I got the number to a neurologist and I may go see them if things have not cleared up a little by next week. I can't say I have taken Marks's advice about not playing. I was saying I know playing is not the smartest thing to do. I'm kind of thinking about seeing if the neuro guy/gal will clear me to play after a few weeks and then this being my very last year playing.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Margarite (03-20-2011), Mark in Idaho (03-20-2011)