View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thoracic outlet syndrome

Hi everyone..I'm a new member here who is looking for help. I have just been diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome which was first thought to be carpal tunnel. I am in so much pain that i am at wit's end! I am so tired of all the Doctor run around. Test after test to get this diagnosis! It's a real pain in the neck (no pun intended..lol)

I am pretty certain this was caused from my job. I never had anything like this in all my years working as a secretary. At the job I'm at now I have terrible working conditions. Everyone else in my company has ergonmic support but when I asked for some help a few weeks ago when the pain started...I was told "we don't use those here". I went out and bought myself a new mouse and keyboard support but I still can't manage. I have nothing to hold my papers up at work so I look down when typing, my monitor is too low, I do repetitive work ...data entry daily. I have been missing days of work for my Dr appt's and of course not getting paid. My boss and other workers have had a major attitude with me over this. Another employee has started rumors saying "I'm faking it" ...I have been informed by another employee htat things are being said. I can't take it anymore..this isn't fair. I want to do my job but can't. They aren't giving any help or support ...just giving me more work and yelling if it's not getting done.

I decided to file a workman's comp claim today and now I'm afraid oflosing my job. My boss got real nasty with me over it and I also addressed the company policy regarding harrassment and "open discussion policy" . I mentioned the rumors and how i'm uncomfortable ...he said "I'm not getting involved with that", shrugged his shoulders and LEFT! Now what? I know this isn't going to go well but does anyone know how to go about getting workmans comp and does it cover RSI (thoracic outlet). Any info would be GREAT! Thanks.

T
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote