View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Book

[QUOTE=fmichael;75157]Look at the warning on combining methadone with Xanax. How many of us are on benzodiazepines such as Xanax for shooting pain? I know I take 4 of the 0.5 mg. tablets a day. And sometimes with a lot of everything that's going through me (including Oxycontin) I can be lying down and suddenly feel startled as my body has to effortfully find its next breath.

I don't deny that this stuff is useful for the treatment of pain. I just don't know that simply because we're taking it for a non-recreational purpose, there's somehow an implied warranty that it couldn't have profound interactions with other medications we may be on. So be careful out there.

Mike
"[QUOTE]

I totally agree that the risks are out there even when it comes to taking the medication as prescribed. I do as well take for muscle spasms generic form of Valium being 10mg four times day every day, as well as 1mg of generic Ativan two times a day, along with Morphine daily and Roxicodone for breakthrough pain and recently I fell down and now have two broken ribs from the fall, yet I waited 10 days to even seek treatment from the family doctor, who is seperate from the pain management prescriber who does so track me monthly for random urine drug screens to check for illegal drugs in my system, and also to make sure that between the 30 day visit that the prescribed medication is in my system and have not sold or otherwise used the meds all in one time period.

At one time the medication diladid was available in long acting form, and am told it did wonders for people who had legitmate pain need for the medications only the mixture of other drugs with it and mixture of alcohol I am told made for it to have to me removed from the market and I begin to wonder what is to come of people like us with chronic pain and if or when the abusers and recreational users end up causing chronic pain patients to no longer recieve the medications they respond to...

I do send out positive hope and care to those who need and use as prescribed and all.
Idiopathic_Human is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote