View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Have an update

Thank you for all the kind words and recomendations. Last week I went in, with my husband, and had a very lengthy TOS doppler/ultrasound done on both arms. In part to rule out a DVT- thankfully I do not have one. However, I do have severe compression of my subclavian artery on my left side and moderate compression on the right side. Not much of a surprise to me, considering my symptoms. When my left arm raises to 70 degrees, my pulse reduces by more than half. At 90 degrees, or just about anything above my heart as it turns out, I have ZERO blood flow out of my artery, though my subclavian vein remains open. On my right side, (where symptoms have been increasing slightly over the last half year- year) I have the exact same condition, though not as advanced. Seems as if my right arm will have to be looked into in the future as symtoms become worse.
As far as the left and far worse side, it appears that I am running out of time. Surgery to decompress the area is necessary. I have done plenty of research (as I've had symptoms for over three years now) and I have looked into posts on this forum regarding the surgery as well.
I am in the process of making decisions and trying to find the best solutions. I've been told to limit all overhead activities with my left arm and to stop any type of weight training- even light hearted push ups. HA. Ugh. Although I do not have a blood clot, I have an extreme risk to developing one based on how badly and quickly my artery is closed off. I refuse to be placed on blood thinnners as a "just in case" measure, so limiting activity is just what I will have to do. And explore surgery. Meanwhile, the entire DEPt is amazed that I haven't created a clot yet or that the artery has torn. Grrrrrreat. So I am to come in/call in at any point when my symptoms are returning in a form that is not alleviated in precaution to look for a clot.

Thank you all,
Jocelyn
josepentia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-14-2011)