View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Hi Tiffanyc:

I'm sure you are aware that Dr. Kirkpatrick requires that you pay him cash up front. That is the only thing, for me, that would wave a huge red flag. Just please be careful. I have done ketamine 3 - 5 day inpatient with Dr. Richman in NYC and my insurance paid for most of it each time. I did have some out of pocket but truly not much compared to what it all cost at the end. The insurance paid for almost all of it.

Gabbycakes
I used to think doctors who refuse insurance also sent up a red flag with me, not anymore. Doctors sign contracts with each and every insurance they want to except. In that contract it could and does dictate to the doctor how they he/she will treat the patient, especially long term chronic care patients, because of the bottom line. Refusing insurance allows the doctor to treat the patient the way they want to without the insurance company standing in between the patient and doctor. Make no mistake not all health insurance is the same, not even close in many aspects. A doctor will treat two patients with the same condition differently when each has different insurance. I know this because I dealt with 4 different insurance companies and the treatment of RSD.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (03-14-2011)