Thread: I am P***ED!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've stopped taking anything for my MS. Including the baclofen. I'm now using exercise, physical therapy, and beating up the Mii characters in my Wii, as a way to deal with spasticity. (I really enjoy beating on the Mii characters in the sword fighting game)

Now the only medications that I take are the occasional migraine pill and some Tylenol or ibuprofen.

I'm still wobbly walking a bit, but not as bad as I had been. I had a really good day friday. Went to PT, and when I walked in, I was carrying my cane, twirling it like a baton, and did great on most of my exercises. Today I'll be dragging myself in there, but at least friday I was able to walk nearly normally.

My neuro kind of ruined any faith I had in any of the MS meds when he told me once that he didnt think any of the injectibles worked. That was just before I quit stabbing myself with the C. (I pretty much quit it that night) At least he told me the truth about his personal opinion of the stabby drugs. (he's a very old neuro and is a bit old school. Doesnt order MRI's every time there's a change. He can figure out where my problems are coming from by my telling him what's not working right)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (03-15-2011), nemsmom (03-15-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (03-16-2011), SallyC (03-14-2011)