View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Azilect

Hi Mary and everyone else,

I have been taking Azilect for about 8 months (since the first week it was released). I take 1mg once per day (which is much easier to remember than my sinemet and comtan @ 6-7 times per day. and I have had a very good response so far. I had stopped mirapex a year prior, so at that time my sinemet was up to 1700-1800 mg levodopa even with comtan 50/250 7 or more times daily, which I think was too much sinemet and I was beginning to get dyskinesias for the first time after 10 years diagnosed. Graduallly since I have began with Azilect my offs are shorter and less severe and reduced by half. I have reduced the sinemet/ comtan by stretching the the time from 2:15 min between doses and cutting the doses to 2x 25/100 Sinemet plus comtan and co-q10 now 6 times daily (1200 mg). Now I have been getting more dyskinetic so I am trying to cut down further on sinemet. I havent noticed side effects except increased dyskinesias. At 11 yr since dx I am mid stage PD but still sinking. I have heard of early stage Pwp with good results also.

I have known the director of neuro research from Teva for several years (who lead the clinical research on Azilect for FDA approval, and I met the director of the rasagiline program in Teva from Israel last week at a meeting in DC.. As far as pharmaceuticals go it is a good company.

Perry
Perryc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote