View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mum with PCS here - struggling a bit

Hello

I haven't been reading or posting on here for some months. I return, 6 months after the injury, still experiencing symptoms which affect my day to day and quality of life.

My main symptoms are interrupted sleep, tiredness, brain fogginess, inability to focus for long periods, light phobic, noise phobic, headaches.

I was wondering mostly though, if any of you are the main carer of young children. Mine are 4 and nearly 6, so are at pre-school and school some of the time. However, my role as their mum is still being seriously affected by my PCS.

Some days particularly, I find the following:
  • A normal day tires me more
  • My mood changes more sharply and unpredictably
  • I'm intollerant of noise that children and toys make

Tonight my son inadvertently shone his night reading torch into the eye nearerest where I had my injury. It made me jump so much and I felt overwhelmed. I actually burst into tears.

My kids know what happened and about my symptoms. I keep them informed but don't want to make it dominate them or over worry them.

Have you had to change things and if so what do you do? Or how do you view the affect your symptoms have, so that you remain positive about your role as parent or carer?

Thanks for reading.
Ali B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote