View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Momzpeachy

First I would like to welcome you to our forum. I am sorry that you have been diagnosed with TOS.
If you could you be a little more specific on what type of injection that your Dr wants to give to you? I have had a scalene injections which consisted of marcaine and kenalog injected into the scalene muscle. The procedure provided temporary relief for me and was also used as a diagnostic procedure to confirm the need for surgery. There are also trigger point injections that are given to treat extremely painful areas of a muscle.
http://www.neurologychannel.com/tpi/, There are differant typs of Nerve blocks, this link helps explain a few http://www.clevelandclinic.org/healt...asp?index=4417 Some injections can provide relief for a period of time. Your Dr should have explained the procedure to you in detail.
What type of TOS have you been diagnosed with, is it bilateral, vascular TOS, neurogenic etc. Have you had a neurography, doppler ultra sounds or any other type of tests or just an EMG. I'm sorry so many questions..
If you go to therapy make sure that your physical therapist is trained in TOS as you should only be doing gentle range of motion exercise and nerve glides. NO Weights!!!
There is much information of this forum. In the upper left hand corner is a sticky with useful links. You can also search for in the right hand corner for information that other TOS'ers have posted.
Can I also suggest that you seek the consult of a lawyer for your Work Comp claim. TOS claims can be a bit difficult and it's good to have some help to get appropriate treatment down the road.
I hope that someone else from the forum will come along to offer you advice on injection and such. TOS pain can become very painful and appropriate treatment is necessary. Don't give up... Hang in there you need to get the right treatment for your TOS now.

Dawn

Last edited by dawn3063; 03-01-2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Additions
dawn3063 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote