View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Blush CRPS nerve blocks

Hi, I am brand new here and looking for some much needed information from people who have/had nerve blocks.

Brief summary: Bilateral carpal tunnel (started in 2006), bilateral basal joint replacements, bilateral thumb IP fusions, Left MCP fusion, left tendonitis, right trigger thumb. These are all surgeries I have had since 2007, last one in July 2010. (worker's comp case). Each surgery amazingly helped the problems, yet after the last one, I noticed this burning sensation in both hands. I thought, this is new and scary. Surgical sight was healing a lot slower than prior surgeries. Doctor (hand surgeon) tried managing it for about 3 months and has since referred me to pain management.

First PM visit 2 weeks ago: put on lyrica (which caused my eyes to blur) and lidoderm patches (which caused my whole body to itch uncontrollably). Doctor wants to do nerve blocks. I am less than thrilled about it as I am afraid of needles and have never had success with cortisone shots. Of course I looked procedure up on computer to find that doctor goes in through front of neck/throat!! YIKES....anybody have these done?(for hands/arms) I would appreciate any information!

Thank you!
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote