View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Ali,

Being a mom with little ones is challenging in of itself even without PCS.
I hear your struggle. Until last March, I taught preschool music and the energy level of that age exhausts the best of us.

My three are in college and honestly when they reenter, it's like having pre-schoolers home again with all the noise, the clowning around, music, all their different schedules and much needed attention.

I know this is hard but once they are out the door, Ali, you gotta REST up for there return. Forget about the house. This has been a challenge for me and you know what, my family would rather have me rested and present than a clean house. Quite frankly I like myself better too.

My nerves aren't as jumpy. I too had a time where I was startled by something falling overhead of me, missing me slightly and began crying immediately. It scared me so.

Meal time - Crock-pot meals and hearty soups cook all day -
in it goes and down I go for a refreshing nap...

Basically darlin', you are the most important one to your precious ones and you are the most important person to yourself, remember what the flight attendants say before take off - secure your oxygen mask first before your children.

Your oxygen mask is REST...

I KNOW this is not easy,
all I know is if I breathe first,
I am more the mom
I hope to be.

Peace
Grady Lady
Grady Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote