View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 06:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
I used to think doctors who refuse insurance also sent up a red flag with me, not anymore. Doctors sign contracts with each and every insurance they want to except. In that contract it could and does dictate to the doctor how they he/she will treat the patient, especially long term chronic care patients, because of the bottom line. Refusing insurance allows the doctor to treat the patient the way they want to without the insurance company standing in between the patient and doctor. Make no mistake not all health insurance is the same, not even close in many aspects. A doctor will treat two patients with the same condition differently when each has different insurance. I know this because I dealt with 4 different insurance companies and the treatment of RSD.
During my ketamine procedures I had 3 different insurance companies, Oxford, Healthnet and GHI and each paid for it. I do agree with you that doctors treat patients dfferently why is a mystery to me. If we don't stand stronge our health care in this country will become worse then it already is. When a person decides to get into the medical field unfortunatly for them it means dealing with the insurance companies, that's just part of being in that industry. If we pay cash to a doctor to me that sends a message that it's ok to go against the rules. I don't like what is going on with our healthcare either but I would not pay a doctor cash for a procedure when I have health insurance that we pay for and all it would take is the proper individual to process the claim and do it correctly. But hiring that type of person cost money and some would rather just say I take cash only then really help there patients in the long run instead of breaking them financially.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote