View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...522456636.html

Here's a new article in the Wall Street Journal about gluten intolerance (as opposed to celiac disease).

I don't have any digestive symptoms of gluten trouble, but it's been on my mind for a while that I ought to try a gluten-free diet. Sigh.

Abby
I think we are starting to realize the price we pay for our industrialized world.

I also find it interesting that people feel something is making them feel ill, don't bother anyone with it, and just cut it out of their diet, and are disbelieved and told it is all in their head, just because it has not been described (yet) in medical text-books.

My husband recently got a new hand soap. the moment I used it, I felt it was making my MG symptoms worse. My husband said that he can't believe this. I told him he doesn't have to believe just throw it away. He couldn't ignore that I was in fact feeling better. They then seemed to add the same cheap perfume (or some other one) to our laundry fluid. This time my husband just did what I asked, without any further discussions.

I now ask him to buy only detergents that are used for baby clothes. I assume and hope that they will keep those more gentle. I am also looking into getting some organic detergents instead the ones we are using.

some of this may be unavoidable if we want to have enough food for everyone, but I am sure that quite a lot of it is. We don't have to try and engineer everything and trying to improve thousands of years of evolution of nature (including us), without truly understanding what we are actually doing.

It's time we start to understand that we are only one species on this planet and not those that created it.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (03-15-2011)